- Add a chopped hard boiled egg
- Toss in diced celery
- Shred up some carrots
- Add chunks of apple
- Spoon in a few tbsp of relish
- Hot sauce!
And many more options, as creative as your mind can dream up. This particular recipe came about because the baby oranges were on sale, and we needed to use some up before they dried out and became inedible. Oranges go great with tuna, but I wanted just a little bit more to round out the flavor. Dried cherries were just the thing. Feel free to use raisins or cranberries if that is what you have.
- 1 can or pouch of tuna, drained
- 1 small orange (or 1/2 can mandarin orange slices)
- 1 tbsp dried cherries (or cranberries or raisins)
- 1 tbsp mayo or miracle whip
- 1 tsp lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups chopped greens, or a wrap, or 2 slices of bread
Step 1: Open and drain a can of tuna, mix in a bowl with the mayo and lemon juice. Add in the cherries.
Step 2: Either wrap it up, make it into a sandwich, or serve it over a salad, topped with the orange slices. Season to taste and enjoy!