Welcome back for round 2 of my Rainbow of Smoothies!
I hope you enjoyed the Red Raspberry Smoothie, and are ready for more! Today I’ve got the representative for Orange: Peaches and Cream Smoothie. I adore peaches, especially pick your own at the height of ripeness. So soft, juicy, and sweet, no fruit is quite the same as a fresh peach.
The good news is, you don’t have to wait until peach season to enjoy this treat! You can certainly use fresh peaches, but frozen, or even canned, will work just as well.
- 1 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/2 banana
- Optional: 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato or carrots*, pinch of ginger or cinnamon, 1 tbsp honey or agave, shredded coconut
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Optional topping suggestions: shredded coconut, chia seeds, more peach slices, cinnamon, crushed graham crackers, orange zest.
*If you add a small roasted sweet potato or carrot, it will deepen the orange color, as well as add a punch of Vitamin A and fiber, plus a serving of veggies!
Want to enjoy the whole Rainbow? Check out all the colors:
- Red Raspberry Smoothie
- Orange Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Yellow Turmeric Coco Mango Smoothie
- Green Kiwi Pineapple Smoothie
- Blue Blueberry Pear Smoothie
- Purple Blackberry Cherry Smoothie