As the days begin to warm up, the sunlight lingers longer, and the smell of spring is in the air, breakfasts start moving from warm and filling oatmeal and hash, to fast, fresh, and light. The most perfect warm days breakfast? Smoothies of course!
A smoothie is always a great choice, for so many reasons.
- They are a great way to get more fruits & vegetables in your diet
- When you make them, you can control how much sugar is added
- The options are endless, you could try any fruit ever in a smoothie
- They are super portable for on-the-go breakfast or snacking
- It is easy to sneak in more superfoods like greens, flax, or chia
In the spirit of spring, I decided to develop a whole new stable of smoothie recipes. I’ve experimented a lot over the years, but lately had fallen into a rut of sorts, where it was just frozen mixed berries, a banana, and done. So I got it into my head that I should make… a RAINBOW OF SMOOTHIES!
With a different flavor for every color of the rainbow, you need never get bored of smoothies! And the best part is, that even these are just guidelines, feel free to experiment with whatever fruit, juice, milk, or vegetable combos sound good to you. And if you have a winner of a recipe, I’d love for you to share in the comments!
Today’s recipe starts at the beginning, with the recipe representing Red: Red Raspberry Smoothie.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (or strawberries)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup cherry juice
- Optional: 1/2 cup ice cubes, 1 tbsp flax seeds
Step 1: In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Want to enjoy the whole Rainbow? Check out all the colors:
- Red Raspberry Smoothie
- Orange Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Yellow Turmeric Coco Mango Smoothie
- Green Kiwi Pineapple Smoothie
- Blue Blueberry Pear Smoothie
- Purple Blackberry Cherry Smoothie