Have you tried any? Do you have a favorite yet?
Today we bring you: Blue! With blueberries, of course. I wonder if blueberries ever get tired of being the default “blue” food item? Because really, there aren’t many naturally occurring blue foods.
When I was searching for inspiration, I did come across something that seemed like a total trick at first, called Blue Majik spirulina powder. But nope, it is forreal, there are actually blue pigmented algae that you can buy as a supplement to make Pinterest-worthy smoothies and smoothie bowls.
But, in the interest of keeping the recipe simple and within budget, the much more common and often on sale this time of year fruit is the way to go.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 whole fresh pear
- 1 cup coconut water or milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Optional: Dash of lime juice
Blend all ingredients in a blender on high until smooth. Frozen berries will create a thick smoothie, fresh will be a bit thinner. If using fresh, you can add a handful of ice for similar texture.
Want to enjoy the whole Rainbow? Check out all the colors:
- Red Raspberry Smoothie
- Orange Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Yellow Turmeric Coco Mango Smoothie
- Green Kiwi Pineapple Smoothie
- Blue Blueberry Pear Smoothie
- Purple Blackberry Cherry Smoothie